Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June News at TVR


Music news...

Our 2008 release on Twister Valley Records, The Iron Coast by Douglas E Powell, is finally (after a mammoth bar code battle) available to download from www.itunes.com

Douglas will be back in the studio this summer to start work on his, as yet untitled, third album. "I have been writing heaps of new material since the release of The Iron Coast in 2008 and I'm keen to get my ideas onto tape", says Douglas. "My inspirations have kept pretty much the same, Dylan, Neil Young, Bert Jansch and Peter Bruntnell are all in the forefront, but I have discovered some new artists that I have drawn inspiration from as well such as The Great Lake Swimmers, Iron & Wine, Wooden Shjips, Loomer and Sun Kil Moon. You will still get the acoustic guitars and the vocal harmonies with the harmonica, but this time I have been experimenting with some odd tuning techniques all in that low-fi recording style that my friends over at Twister Valley Records specialize in".

We will keep you posted on any developments.

Keep visiting his web site at www.douglasepowell.co.uk for regularly updated information on Douglas E Powell and our good old blog for more future releases on TVR.

Hope to see you at the beach or on road this summer.

Peace. TVR

No comments: